School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China.
Bachelor degree of Pharmacy
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao, China.
Master degree of Chinese Medicinal Science
State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao, China.
Doctor degree of Biomedical Science
Phytochemistry: Extraction and Isolation of components in herbs with silica gel column, MPLC, pre-HPLC.
Analytical chemistry: Qualitative and quantitative determination of components with TLC, HPLC-DAD, ELSD, MS/MS.
Pharmacology: Bioassays on angiogenesis in in vitro (cell culture, proliferation, invasion, migration and tube formation) and in vivo (ISV, SIV, DLAV region of zebrafish).
Pharmacokinetics: Qualitative and quantitative determination of metabolites in drug treated-zebrafish larvae with HPLC-MS/MS.
1. Guang Hu, Feng-Qing Yang. Biological Activities of Nucleosides and Their Analogues in Dietary Foods, Chemical Rapid Communications, 2014 Sep 2(2): 22-28.
2. Guang Hu, Shiu On Siu, Shang Li, Ivan Keung Chu, Yiu Wa Kwan, Shun Wan Chan, George Pak-Heng Leung, Ru Yan, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee. Metabolism of calycosin, an isoflavone from Astragali Radix, in zebrafish larvae. Xenobiotica. 2012 Mar 42(3): 294-303.
3. Yi Zhang*, Guang Hu*(co-first author), Shang Li, Zhen Hua Li, Che Oi Lam, Si-Jia Hong, Yiu-Wa Kwan, Shun Wan Chan, George Pak-Heng Leung, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee. Pro-angiogenesis activity of astragaloside IV in HUVEC in vitro and zebrafish in vivo. Molecular Medicine Reports. 2012 Mar 5(3):805-11.
4. Guang Hu, Shang Li, You-Hua Wang, Ping Liu, Maggie Pui Man Hoi, Simon Ming Yuen Lee*. Polysaccharides from Astragali Radix restore chemical-induced blood vessel loss in zebrafish. Vascular cell. 2012 Feb 23;4(1):2.
5. Tang JY, Li S, Li ZH, Zhang ZJ, Hu G, Cheang LC, Alex D, Hoi MP, Kwan YW, Chan SW, Leung GP, Lee SM. Calycosin promotes angiogenesis involving estrogen receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway in zebrafish and HUVEC. PLoS One. 2010 Jul 29;5(7):e11822.
6. Zhang Y, Hu G, Lin HC, Hong SJ, Deng YH, Tang JY, Seto SW, Kwan YW, Waye MM, Wang YT, Lee SM. Radix Astragali extract promotes angiogenesis involving vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-related phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway in human endothelial cells. Phytother Res. 2009 Sep;23(9):1205-13.
7. Tang J, Hu G, Hoi P, Lee SM. Calycosin promotes proliferation of endothelial cells via estrogen receptor and ERK1/2 activation. Pharmacology and Clinics of Chinese Materia Medica. 2009 25(6): 14-17. (article in Chinese)
8. Hong SJ, Wan JB, Zhang Y, Hu G, Lin HC, Seto SW, Kwan YW, Lin ZX, Wang YT, Lee SM. Angiogenic effect of saponin extract from Panax notoginseng on HUVECs in vitro and zebrafish in vivo. Phytother Res. 2009 May;23(5):677-86.
9. Xiao Y, Yang FQ, Li SP, Hu G, Lee SM, Wang YT. Essential oil of Curcuma wenyujin induces apoptosis in human hepatoma cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2008 Jul 21;14(27):4309-18.
10. Xiao Y, Yang FQ, Li SP, Gao JL, Hu G, Lao SC, Conceição EL, Fung KP, Wangl YT, Lee SM. Furanodiene induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through MAPK signaling and mitochondria-caspase pathway in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007 Jul;6(7):1044-50.
11. Zhang Y, Hu G, Hong SJ, Lao SS, Lee SM, Wang YT. The angiogenic effects of Radix Astragali extract. Pharmacology and Clinics of Chinese Materia Medica. 2007 23:34-37 (article in Chinese)
12. Hong SJ, Wan JB, Zhang QW, Zhang Y, Hu G, Lao SS, Lee SM, Wang YT. The angiogenic effects of Panax Notoginseng extract. Pharmacology and Clinics of Chinese Materia Medica .2007 23:28-30 (article in Chinese)